Expected to open in late 2014, the Women’s Health Center at Swedish Covenant Hospital will provide women on Chicago’s north and northwest sides with access to a unique health care experience in a comfortable, inviting environment.
The Center will feature state-of-the-art equipment and friendly, knowledgeable staff who will guide women through all aspects of their health care. It will offer:
• Clinical services such as bone health, dermatology, mental health, nutrition counseling, cardiology and customized physicals. Women will also be able to access advanced breast cancer services, including private mammography suites with 3-D mammogram technology, which results in faster, more reliable diagnoses.
• Female staffing and women-only patient areas, affording women the comfort level and privacy they need and desire. Men who are in need of mammography services will be able to access them through a separate entrance to help ensure respective comfort levels.
• Streamlined, online scheduling including evening and weekend appointments.
• Same-day test results, whenever possible, and expedited scheduling of additional diagnostic tests.
• Child-friendly appointments to accommodate the childcare needs of women.
• Bilingual staff, dedicated phone lines for telephonic translation services in more than 180 languages and trained Spanish and Korean medical interpreters.
• Coordination with other specialized women’s health services offered at Swedish Covenant Hospital, including gastroenterology, obstetrics, gynecology, gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, endocrinology, orthopedics, oncology, sports medicine, pain management, rehabilitation and wellness support.
The Women’s Health Center is part of the Swedish Covenant Hospital Women’s Health Initiative, an ambitious effort designed to ensure that every woman in our community has access to high-quality preventive care, health information and resources close to home.